Pure Pecan OilNo. 4 St. James
2019 Good Food Awards Winner!
Move over, olive oil.
Pecans are called the new superfood, so it stands to reason that pecan oil is the emerging culinary oil of choice among foodies, top chefs, and home gourmets. It’s simply the best cooking oil you’ve never heard of—until now.
We’ve jumped on the bandwagon and are thrilled to offer you Pure Pecan Oil by The Art of Pecan, an Austin-based startup with a mission of developing premium, healthy pecan oil products.
Low in saturated fats, and high in mono- and polyunsaturated (good) fats, Pure Pecan Oil has broad culinary applications. Because of its high smoke point of 470 degrees, you can cook with it in a wide range of dishes (compared to olive oil, which is useless beyond its smoke point of 320 degrees). Pure Pecan Oil also makes an outstanding substitute for butter. Bake with it to make your cookies healthier; drizzle it on your popcorn (preview: it’s amazing); pour it on your pancakes or corn on the cob.
Pure Pecan Oil is all-natural and expeller-pressed in Bastrop, Texas using the finest available unsprayed, native pecans. There are more than 70 official varieties of pecans, but none produces better oil and a sweeter, more delicious buttery flavor than the American native.
- Superior fat profile to olive oil: Lower in saturated fats (7.8%, versus 13.5% for olive oil)
- High in antioxidants, including polyphenols (such as ellagic acid), Vitamin E, and selenium. Polyphenols combat oxidative stress, and are associated with reducing heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol, and certain types of cancer. Vitamin E is associated with the formation of blood vessels and boosting immune function. Selenium is associated with boosting immunity, reproduction, and thyroid function.
- Light flavor, well balanced between buttery and neutral
- High Smoke Point of 470 degrees for the broadest range of cooking applications
- Outstanding daily substitute for butter
Your Pure Pecan Oil is lovingly hand-bottled in a charming 8.2 oz glass Boston Round, designed to showcase the brilliant golden glow of the oil and to look smart on your countertop. It ships to you directly from Austin, Texas.
Ingredients: Pecan Oil.
Nutrition Facts (Serving Size, 1 tbsp [14 g]):
- Calories = 125
- Total Fat = 13.86g
- Saturated Fat = 1.09g
- Monounsaturated Fat = 8.91g
- Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.96g
- Sodium = 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates = 0g
- Protein = 0g
Pure Pecan Oil is not a significant source of cholesterol, dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron, or potassium.